Support For Carers
Parkinson’s Disease does not just affect the person with the condition. We want carers to know that they are not alone.
At Parkinson’s Care and Support UK, we are passionate about ensuring that family Carers get the right mental, physical and practical support they need. Caring for a loved one with Parkinson’s, especially when they are in the advanced stage is a difficult and emotional task, even for the strongest of people.
Carers can often feel burdened, tired and lonely which can not only impact on their mental and physical health, but also on the level and quality of care they are able to provide for their loved one.
Carers can be supported in many ways including practical and financial support. It can also include services to help carers maintain their own health and wellbeing.
We use the term carer to describe anyone who provides unpaid care and support to someone with Parkinson’s.
At PCSUK we support carers by
- Providing Respite Care of up to 4 hours a day for carers
- Setting up PCSUK Carer Support Groups across the UK and referring carers to these
- Providing guidelines and assistance on applying for financial support and disability and age-related Benefits
- Signposting Carers for counselling and Emotional Support where needed
- Organising Social Events for people with Parkinson’s
If you would like to set up a Carers Support Group in your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on how you could benefit from our carers programme or any other aspect of carers support, please email email@example.com