Whether you use eBay for buying or selling, eBay for Charity is an easy way to support us.
If you wish to sell unwanted items on eBay, you can choose to donate a percentage of your profits to Parkinson’s Care and Support UK. Simply select the ‘advanced sell’ option when uploading your products, and choose Parkinson’s Care and Support UK as the charity to receive between 10% and 100% of your proceeds. It’s that easy!
If you’re a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid is automatically added to the amount you donate. For every £1 you give Parkinson’s Care and Support UK, we’ll get an extra 25p from HM Revenue and Customs.
You can also support us by purchasing items that are being sold in aid of Parkinson’s Care and Support UK. Our eBay for Charity page lists all of these items in one convenient place, shopping has never been easier!
Social media is a great way to raise awareness of Parkinson’s and to help us raise much needed funds for our services such as exercise classes, physiotherapy, respite for carers and research. You can support us by setting up a Facebook fundraiser page which allows people to make donations in lieu of presents being bought for you for a special occasion such as a birthday.
To do this on Facebook follow these instructions:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit or Charity.
- Select ‘Parkinson’s Care and Support UK’ choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details.
- Click Create.
- If you have not done so already, don’t forget to like our Facebook page!
Share this page with your friends and family and they will be able to donate to your Facebook fundraiser!
Our Givey fundraising page is designed to welcome new fundraisers who wish to raise money for Parkinson’s Care and Support UK.
Whether you wish to fundraise for a challenge you are taking part in, or simply want to raise money to fund a local exercise class, our Givey Fundraising Page will allow you to do this. In fact, you can even tailor your fundraising page to raise money for a specific area of our work. For example:
Local Parkinson’s exercise classes: these cost £2500 to run for 6 months or £417 a month
Physiotherapy: costs PCSUK £80 for an hour of treatment for someone with Parkinson’s
Respite care: to fund respite care of 4 hours a week for one month costs £350
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to https://www.givey.com/pcsuk
- Click on ‘Start Fundraising’ in the top right corner
- Search Parkinson’s Care and Support UK and add as chosen charity
- Fill in the ‘Create a Fundraiser’ page. This is where you decide what you would like to fundraise for e.g Exercise Classes, Physiotherapy, Respite Care etc. You can also set your fundraising target.
- Click on the ‘Create Fundraiser’ tab at the bottom of the page once finished
- Share your page with friends and family on social media, via text and email!
AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com) offers all of the same items, prices, and benefits of its sister website, Amazon.com, but with one distinct difference: When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will contributes 0.5 percent of eligible purchases to Parkinson’s Care and Support UK, if you choose us as your chosen charity. Especially for frequent Amazon users, this additional perk is a great way to give back to charities effortlessly.
All you have to do is to visit smile.amazon.com (amazon.com and Amazon mobile app purchases do not apply) to earn 0.5 percent of their eligible purchase for Parkinson’s Care and Support UK.
Here is our unique Amazon Smile link. Copy and paste this into your browser, select PARKINSON’S CARE AND SUPPORT UK and start fundraising online!