Other Ways To Donate
Making a regular donation through your pay to Parkinson’s Care and Support UK is easier than you think.
A regular donation in your pay to PCSUK costs less than you think.
Donations are taken from your pay before tax. If you pledge to give £10 a month, it will only cost you £8 if you are a standard rate tax payer.
Regular donations give PCSUK reliable source of income. This allows us to meet the demands upon our services across the UK.
How to donate in your pay
- If you earn a salary or pension and your employer deducts Pay As You Earn (PAYE) tax, you can donate in your pay.
- If your employer already supports payroll giving, speak to them about setting up your monthly gift.
- If your employer doesn’t support payroll giving, they can easily set up the scheme by contacting Charities Aid Foundation. Or they can select from any of the HMRC-approved Payroll Giving Agencies.
- It takes one to two months before the first gift is taken from your wages. Don’t worry if your donation doesn’t appear in your next pay packet.
- To stop donating or change the amount you give, contact your payroll department.
- Changing job and want to continue donating in your pay? You’ll need to set up a new gift by following the same process with your new employer.
Social media is a great way to raise awareness of Parkinson’s and to help us raise much needed funds for our services such as exercise classes, physiotherapy, respite for carers and research. You can support us by setting up a Facebook fundraiser page which allows people to make donations in lieu of presents being bought for you for a special occasion such as a birthday.To do this on Facebook follow these instructions:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit or Charity.
- Select ‘Parkinson’s Care and Support UK’ choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details.
- Click Create.
- If you have not done so already, don’t forget to like our Facebook page!
Our Givey fundraising page is designed to welcome new fundraisers who wish to raise money for Parkinson’s Care and Support UK.You can use Givey to set up your In Celebration Fundraising Page. In fact, you can even tailor your fundraising page to raise money for a specific area of our work. For example:
Local Parkinson’s exercise classes: these cost £2500 to run for 6 months or £417 a month
Physiotherapy: costs PCSUK £80 for an hour of treatment for someone with Parkinson’s
Respite care: to fund respite care of 4 hours a week for one month costs £350
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to https://www.givey.com/pcsuk
- Click on ‘Start Fundraising’ in the top right corner
- Search Parkinson’s Care and Support UK and add as chosen charity
- Fill in the ‘Create a Fundraiser’ page. This is where you decide what you would like to fundraise for e.g Exercise Classes, Physiotherapy, Respite Care etc. You can also set your fundraising target.
- Click on the ‘Create Fundraiser’ tab at the bottom of the page once finished
- Share your page with friends and family on social media, via text and email!
For more information or assistance, please email email@example.com