Dip ION FBANT CNNHC Reg
Book Author: www.denorpress.com
Lucille Leader is the Nutrition Director of the unique multidisciplinary clinic,
The Parkinson’s Disease Integrated Nutrition Clinic in London, UK (www.lucilleleader.com)
This clinic, under Medical Director, Dr Geoffrey Leader, was an early pioneer of the integrated approach to the management of chronic illness. Lucille is particularly interested in biochemically-based nutritional support of patients with chronic disease, especially Parkinson’s Disease.
Lucille Leader was honored with the “Quality of Life for Parkinson’s Award” in The United States and in the UK with an “Outstanding Practice Award” – for her contribution to Parkinson’s Disease.
She is an author, co-author and editor of six successful books together with her husband
Dr Geoffrey Leader:
These can be viewed on www.denorpress.com
• Parkinson’s Disease – Reducing Nutrition with Nutrition and Drugs (Denor Press)
• Parkinson’s Disease – How to Optimise ON-OFF Periods during L-dopa Therapy
• Parkinson’s Disease – The Way Forward! (Denor Press, London, UK)
• Parkinson’s Disease –Top Tips to Optimize Function
• Morbo Di Parkinson – Suggerimenti Nutrizionali (Pythagora Press, Milan, Italy) with Professors Aroldo Rossi and Lia Rossi Prosperi
Lucille Leader has lectured on the Nutritional Therapy BSc and MSc degree courses for Westminster University and CNELM (Middlesex University accreditation) in the UK. She delivers CPD accredited courses to post graduates, BANT and other Associations and together with Dr Geoffrey Leader, presents their acclaimed and popular 3 day Clinic Tutorials for Parkinson’s disease patients and their Carers / Supporters ( now on Zoom during the Covid Period).
She has written nutrition articles for peer reviewed journals including that of Motor Disorders, the European Parkinson’s Disease Association (EPDA), EPNN as well as New Pathways (for Multiple Sclerosis).
She has delivered many lectures on the nutritional aspects in Parkinson’s Disease to Parkinson’s Disease support groups in The United Kingdom, South Africa and the United States of America. She has also lectured to health professionals and has been interviewed by the BBC and SABC Radios.
Parkinson’s Disease International Congress presentations include:
• “Nutritional Management in Parkinson’s Disease” at The Parkinson’s Disease Congress for Nutrition and Sexuality in Vienna.
• “Nutritional Therapy and Cellular Environment in Parkinson’s Disease” at the ground-breaking Parkinson’s symposium “Meeting of the Minds” in the USA.
• “Specialized Nutritional Management in Parkinson’s Disease” at the 5th Multi-disciplinary Conference of The European Parkinson’s Disease Association (EPDA) in Lisbon.
• “Nutritional Therapy and the Dopamine Connection” Key Note Speaker at Stresa, Italy at The General Assembly of The European Parkinson’s Disease Association.
• World Parkinson’s Congress in Glasgow, Scotland.
• “Monitoring of Dopaminergic Drugs” and “Stress and the Dopamine Connection” in Workshops in Croatia at the Conference of The European Young Onset Parkinson’s Disease Association (EPDA)
She attends many CPD courses herself, continuously updating knowledge and keeps up to date with annual professional appraisals.
• Member of the British Association of Nutritional Therapists (BANT)
• The British Society of Ecological Medicine
• The Royal Society of Medicine (Council Member of the Food and Health Forum)
• CNHC Registered